Translate Chic Geek Blogger; Fashion for all!

Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Museums can be chic like geeks!

School trips are usually boring right? Lectures? Odd tour guides and mad hatter tourists? The good things? A day off :). So when I woke up this morning and headed for school I began to think is the trip worth it? I arrived had 3 hour long lectures and then something caught my eye... there was a temporary exhibit 'All dressed up'. It explores fashion through the 1890's 1920's and 1950's. This certainly brightened up the day!

(picture cusu.org)

This exhibit is currently at the Herbert art gallery and will be until the 27th of March. The workshops sound fantastic but places are limited so make sure to book! (www.theherbert.org/)
So less advertising and more fashion? Te he!

(picture news.bbc.co.uk)

This beautiful hand embodied dress has so much detail; you wouldn’t believe it’s from the 1950's would you? The heart shaped strapless frame looks like prom dresses you see now days, the white flower pattern which is trending and the bow belt that adds extra detail.

I'm not sure whether you can see it or not but towards the back of the photo there is a pink skirt and black top outfit. The pattern on the skirt is stunning. This outfit would have been made by household women, the skirt is reversible.
I would thoroughly advise anyone to visit this exhibit and maybe even do a workshop!

8 comments:

  1. Gr8 posts Jess! luvin it!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!! spread the word! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eiiiiih Honey ♥ ihih...thank you so much for passing by and commenting!!! Your blog is great...I FOLLOW YOUUUUUU ♥ I hope you'll follow me back!! ^^ Also on Bloglovin if you want
    xoxo
    LiDì

    http://fashiondeliz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. its ok! your blog is amazing, tahnk you <3 i will follow you,, sorry my computer froze :/ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that dress is cool :)

    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Te he! Follow me, I'll return the favour!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wooow !
    amazing blog ; ) interesting post!

    if U want follow me and write comment ;* xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments they make me smile :)

If you have any question email me; chicgeek.blogger@gmail.com

{Any hate or innapropriate language will be deleted}

Geek xx :)