"Aim for the moon. Because even if you don't quite reach it you will land among the stars"

Monday, 9 May 2011

Celebrity Style Paparazzii!

16:16 Posted by Jessica 28 comments
The Met Ball 2011, Honouring Alexander McQueen took place at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art to remember McQueen's great work and mark the opening of the 'Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty exhibition.'


The 'Met Ball', is the fashion's equivalent of the Oscars. This year it was bragged about, as on it's guest list were some very famous guests. A-Lister's turned out to mark the opening of the 'Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty exhibition.'. Included royal wedding dress designer Sarah Burton. She became creative director for the fashion house following Mr McQueen's death in February 2010. At the event Miss Burton accepted congratulatory wishes from fans of the Duchess of Cambridge's outfit.


In true Chic Geek style I papped the event using my super device; Google. Here are some of my favourite dresses;


Sarah Jessica Parker wearing a sparkling Alexander McQueen

Both looking great Blake Lively And Karl Lagerfeld


Alexa Chung wearing a lovely shimmering Christopher Kane


Diane Kruger Wows In Jason Wu. The detail is fantastic!


Emma Roberts signals spring wearing Michael Kors


Jennifer Lopez And Marc Anthony


Mary-Kate Olsen Wearing Givenchy Haute Couture


Gwyneth Paltrow Wearing Stella McCartney


Florence Welch looks tired... but is also showing the signs of spring


Dianna Agron blending in


Kirsten Dunst Wearing Chanel, looking slightly oriental


Dakota Fanning looks fantastic in Valentino


Emma Stone looking floral


Hailee Steinfeld looking vintage wearing a dress by Stella McCartney


Ashley Olsen wearing Vintage Dior Couture. Very vintage, I love it!


Naomi Watts Wearing Stella McCartney. Very glittery :)

(Pictures; look.com)

28 comments:

  1. I like Blake Lively dress, espectacular!!

    cantclosemycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love sarah jessica!


    this event was for mc queen so they should wear mc queen <3

    http://starlightsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adored emma stone's look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed all the pics.
    thoughtsofpaps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sarah jessica parker can do no wrong by me. I love her! Attending this gala is on my bucket list!

    xo, Allie

    www.sparklesandstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't seen Alexa's look yet! It looks wonderful - though she can do no wrong in my eyes!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! All of the dresses were absolutely stunning.

    http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love jlo's, hailee's and dianna agron's dresses :)

    You have a really cute blog, I'm going to follow you.

    Follow back?

    http://www.jazza17.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work Jess, love it! :-) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Blake and also the Olsen with that Dior vintage! :D

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wo, talking about glits and glam.

    J'adore!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great!! :) I really like it!
    xx
    fashionbit

    ReplyDelete
  13. the dresses are stunning. Alexa is definitely one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great blog!! Love the header :)

    I'd love if you'd check mine out --

    http://www.arbitrarilyvoguish.blogspot.com

    xx

    And, if you'd like, here is also the link to my mother/daughter style blog! Hope you enjoy!

    http://mad-about-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. We really love your blog! It's so great...and we also like your boutique.

    We are following you for sure!

    Followback?

    Http://sugarstyles.blogspot.com

    With lots of love,

    Daw & Brenda
    Sugar Styles

    ReplyDelete
  16. Blake Lively looks gorgeous! :) i'll be glad to follow you, follow me and i'll do it too as well! :)

    M IS FOR MODE - All about Fashion & Mode

    Facebook Page - Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely great looks! I even can't choose my fave one, they're all gorgeus!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sarah is my favorite! Love the color, everything, I am huge Alexander McQueen fan!

    hugs and kisses by Mani.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great photos and blog! We like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Diane looks amazing. The Olsen twins always looks interesting!

    http://iamheizl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments they make me smile :)

If you have any question email me; chicgeek.blogger@gmail.com

{Any hate or innapropriate language will be deleted}

Geek xx :)