"Aim for the moon. Because even if you don't quite reach it you will land among the stars"

Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Black and White...

17:05 Posted by Jessica 27 comments
I have noticed allot of black and white photography on people's blogs lately, so I'm on a bit of a craze about it. I think black and white photography, in some cases, can be a whole lot more inspiring than advanced photography. It makes you put yourself in the picture, deciding what the colours would be, what the person/thing is portraying; feelings wise.And what is going on around the picture. Do you agree? Or am I blabbering?

It can give off a vintage feeling, a sense of mystery. In fact I think considering there are so many ways of using advanced photography people still use black and white photography allot! I prefer to use black and white photography not only because I think it is more original and vintage but also because I'm a bit of historian. I like to know how thing's began and how they progressed. Anyway here's my black and white photo picks;

I have seen this one a few times before... very mysterious.
(smashingmagazine)


This is just loveable
(photosidea)


This makes me curious, very curious.
(pedrogoico)


(fanpop)


(gardenstudiodesign)

Just because I think they are both amazing!


Tear or raindrop...
(giastanalar)



I want to gon on my swing now...
(bluezadie)


Add a bit of catwalk in the mix...
(stylecaster)


I need vogue
(models.com)

Geek xx

This post was a bit of a break from the Best Dressed List 2011 countdown, but the top 5 will be announced soon!!

Please take a minute to look at my vintage boutique;
http://bitsforboffins.bigcartel.com/     http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

27 comments:

  1. Love black & white photos!
    I'm in love with them too
    Amazing blog

    www.bobbieaustinscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love black and white photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i seriously think every photo looks better in black & white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pic with the bear looks amazing !!!

    have you seen my latest post ?
    http://v-fashionwise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the b&w of the swinging girl! I would love a print of that for my guest room!

    xx

    http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unreal pics! Love the 1st one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey :D
    Really like your blog! Lots of nice pictures and inspiration!
    Do you want to follow each other? :D
    let me know!!
    xoxo

    http://sofiehn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Black and white imagery can be so more effective and often tells a bigger story! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an beautifull photos, i really love to see this!

    NEW Outfit post
    www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love black and white photos!

    xo
    Janelle

    www.janellehaskin.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. black and white photos have such an atmospheric mood.
    truly amazing!
    xx


    // themerrimari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pics <3 Love the outfit in the last one!

    Jonna xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks :D
    i follow back!!

    ReplyDelete

  14. lovely blog you got here...amazing photos ♥

    wanna follow each other??!!

    --kisses

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these photos. There is something just lovely about black and white photos.

    Sarah
    x

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love b&w photos. They have that amazing mood.
    Great post darling!

    xoxo Ra

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the teardrop photo! All of these are amazing ;)


    http://artofbeingcool.blogspot.com/
    would love to follow each other!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wait for a new amazing outfit post babe!
    tell me when you have it:)

    i have one;)

    New outfit post:
    www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there fellow geek!
    nice post!

    check me blog out!
    www.fantailflo.com

    great blog! PS i followed you - do follow me if you want

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments they make me smile :)

If you have any question email me; chicgeek.blogger@gmail.com

{Any hate or innapropriate language will be deleted}

Geek xx :)