Translate Chic Geek Blogger; Fashion for all!

Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Grunge Glamour

Grunge Glamour is back! Ripped tights, leather and unusual little detail all create attitude. Who says you have to like rock music to achieve this look? Imagine you are going to a horror movie premiere, you have to keep the fans interested but it's a red carpet event. You have to add some glam! Forget splashing out on new expensive pieces all you need is a little bit of girly attitude and a pair of scissors! 

'Mix up leather and lace, feathers and frills for the ultimate in tough meets luxe styling' 'Fabulous' magazine

Above: top, £19.99, Crafted at Republic; body, £9.99, H&M, leggings, £29.99, Zara; necklaces, £99 each, Bulatti; thin studded bracelet, £1.99, New Look; thick studded bracelet, £10, spiky bracelet, £10, both Freedom at Topshop


Above: jacket, from £160, Miss Sixty; body, £12.99, New Look; bra, £10, American Apparel; shorts, £70, Urban Outfitters; sunglasses, £16, Claire's; gloves, £16, Urban Outfitters

Above: jacket, £250, Lux at Warehouse

Above: waistcoat, £18.99, vest, £7.99, both New Look; jeans, £60, Topshop; watch, £119, Mimco; bag, £59.99, Zara; belt, £18, Bench; heels, £99.99, Kandee



Above: top, £40, ASOS; shorts, £35, Freemans; rings, £20 for set, Topman

Above: dress, £220, Gestuz at ASOS; leggings, £21, Freemans; bangles, from £6.99 each, New Look

 (All photo's and clothes references from; 'The Fabulous Magazine')

Geek xx

Please take a minute to look at my vintage boutique;

http://bitsforboffins.bigcartel.com/

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

22 comments:

  1. i like these outfits a lot. i guess i'd call this rocker chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These outfits are so cool! I'd love to be able to pull of the 'rocker' vibe like this!
    Love Amie xx

    www.creditcrunchchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures and outfits! Actually haven't tried it, shame on me. It so wonderful. I certainly put this on my wish list :)

    ps: join our giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love grunge! I inadvertently wear grunge-y looks from time to time, but it looks so cool that I can't stay away from a style with less-than-fashionable connotations. But I LOVE grunge done this way - as everyone has said before me, it's got a definite rocker edge to it that most flannel-wearing grunge gals lack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These looks are grungy and fabulous! I'd like to take a bit of grunge in my wardrobe! I love the look, it looks badass ha!

    beautyandfashionmashup.blogspot.com
    -The BF Mashup

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW I love these pictures! Great outfits!
    Thank you for the lovely comment, dear! Would you like to follow each other? If so, just follow me and I'll follow back!

    Loves,
    Rowan

    www.redreidinghood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these looks!! So strong and sexy!
    Come follow my blog hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this look, but I doubt I could pull this off! The first jacket is to die for!!!
    http://www.fashionaddictgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! love the jackets and shorts in this post! this is definiatly my style! :)
    www.heyfashionblog.blogspot.com
    melissa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. im a huge fan of this style!! edgy and gungy i LOVE!:)this edotorial is really nice by the way!
    XOXO
    Farah from FashionFabrice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grandes fotos¡¡¡
    Bsss Isabel
    SsasDiary

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm totally lovestruck by the white studded leather jacket. wantwantwant!

    xx // themerrimari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely! :)

    have a nice day
    xx
    FASHIONBIT

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow love these looks..so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I love this! Fab pics x

    Missy
    Blending Style, Beauty and Fashion
    http://thefashionfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. +rocker chic, love it! Really love that studded leather jacket!

    http://www.jazza17.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these images! very edgy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving those pics!!sexy!^^



    xoxo
    Antonia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments they make me smile :)

If you have any question email me; chicgeek.blogger@gmail.com

{Any hate or innapropriate language will be deleted}

Geek xx :)