"Aim for the moon. Because even if you don't quite reach it you will land among the stars"

Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Lifestyle: HAPPY 4th JULY!

11:47 Posted by Jessica 3 comments

PLEASE FOLLOW TO MAKE THE 300 MARK :)

Please vote in my poll - What do you want to see more of on chic geek? In order to make Chic Geek a better blog I need YOUR advice!

I have also added a new poll- I want to know your thought on DIY studded items? I think they are fab :)

Thanks for all the votes already placed in to the poll; stay tuned for more info!!

Please follow and tweet me? If you tweet me with the '#I love chic geek blogger' Hash-tag I will give you a shout out

And a HUGE thank you to Shopaholic at become.co.uk for the editors choice! Stay tuned.

-------------------


HAPPY 4th JULY! I couldn't not share the celebration with you. Obviously being a Brit I don't really do anything on this date but, considering the fact that for most of my readers this is an extremely important day I decided to go with it.

I wasn't sure how to do this on a fashion front so for a bit of a change I decided to do a lifestyle thing: food.

I have been ill for the past few days and off school today so watching day time telly I saw this amazing recipe; Sticky ribs OMG, they look fab :)



Serves 4-6

Ingredients:

For the ribs

2kg pork spare ribs, baby back if possible
1 small chilli, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
300ml tomato ketchup
300ml dark soy sauce
125g runny honey 
1 piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce

For the slaw

1 Chinese cabbage, finely shredded (use white cabbage if you can't find Chinese)
5 jarred jalapeno peppers, finely shredded
150g spring onions, finely shredded
A pinch of chopped coriander
150g Daikon radishes, finely shredded (use regular radishes if you can't find Daikon)
150g sugar
10g garlic puree
½ litre rice vinegar
10g red chilli flakes
10g black sesame seeds (optional)

To serve:
Potato wedges (optional)

Method:

For the ribs

1. Place all the ingredients apart from the ribs into a bowl and mix well. Add the ribs and coat well.

2. Place the ribs into a deep oven tray, then pour over the ketchup mix, and 1 pint of water.
Cover with tin foil and cook in a preheated oven (200c) for 35 minutes.

3. Remove the tin foil and cook for a further 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sticky and the sauce is coating the ribs, which should be tender.

4. If the ribs are cooked and the sauce is not at coating consistency, remove the ribs and reduce the sauce in a pan until sticky then mix over the ribs.

For the slaw

1. Place the shredded cabbage in ice water and set aside.

2. Rinse the radishes under cold water.

3. Drain the cabbage and radishes and add the sliced spring onions and jalapeno.

4. Add the remaining ingredients and season according to taste.

5. Allow to stand for 2-3 hours, drain and serve with the sticky ribs and potato wedges, if desired.

TUCK IN; YUMMY


(Source: here)

Song of the post: Kim Wilde Kids in America I am feeling the vibes!

-------------------------

Geek xx

Not already followingFollow this link to BLOGLOVIN': http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2307725/chicgeek

Please please please like my FACEBOOK page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chic-Geek-Blogger/173814082692954

TWITTER :

@ChicGeekFashion

3 comments:

  1. Yam, these ribs look delicious!!!
    Happy 4th of July dear!
    Xo
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have new post, so if you're bored, check it out if you want!
    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such a sweet comment!
    thank you for visiting, and, once more, happy 4th of July!
    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments they make me smile :)

If you have any question email me; chicgeek.blogger@gmail.com

{Any hate or innapropriate language will be deleted}

Geek xx :)