"Aim for the moon. Because even if you don't quite reach it you will land among the stars"

Sunday, 5 August 2012

50 years on: Marilyn Monroe

19:15 Posted by Jessica 5 comments
THANK YOU so much. Chic Geek has now exceeded its 300 follower mark- I am over the moon (extremly happy) eeeeekkkkkk!!

I just got an early birthday present- an ipad 3 woo!! So I have joined instagram so please follow me (chicgeekblogger)

A HUGE thank you to Shopaholic at become.co.uk for the editors choice! Stay tuned.

I have added 2 new pages:
 'Guest blog, Exchange widgets or advertise with Chic Geek Blogger'
Check it out

'Retro memory sticks for sale!'
Who said technology cant be fashionable? Not Chic Geek, that's for sure!
See here


Don't forget to nominate yourself and ask your readers to nominate you for
Chic Geeks fellow best blog/blogger
The deadline has been extended until this coming Friday
*nominate via
twitter by tweeting me (@ChicGeekFashion) 'I nominate .... For the best blog/blogger #ChicGeekBloggerAwards'
Or face book by posting on my page 'chic geek blogger'
Or in your comment
Or email me: chicgeek.blogger@gmail.com

----------------------



Today is 50 years since the tragic death of Hollywood sensation Marilyn Monroe.

So without having to review her whole life history (because I'm tired and this post is late and because I know as a keen news reader that the lead up to this milestone has been covered in nearly every possible way) I will tell you how she has inspired me and leave you some links to articles I found interesting (+ as always loads of gorgeous pictures!)

For one Marilyn was one of the first 'old school' Hollywood stars I took interest in. She wasn't like any of the others you would see in Vogue or on posters. Not only because she was more spontaneous, curvaceous and in some ways more genuine- but because she was like someone you would see walking down the street (well, a glamorous one- maybe oxford street?) she said what she wanted and pursued what she believed to be right.

Despite her imperfect childhood she made something of herself through what she had and not what she had created.

She dared to go where all others would not think of- she for one made jeans fashionable for women everywhere after wearing them in '62.

If there is one thing she has achieved its a forever thankful fan base made up of more than just admirers. Fashion fans, journalists, photographers directors and fellow Hollywood stars are just a few examples.














A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night.

An actress is not a machine, but they treat you like a machine. A money machine.

Dogs never bite me. Just humans.

Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting then being one.

Fame will go by and, so long, I've had you, fame. If it goes by, I've always known it was fickle. So at least it's something I experience, but that's not where I live.

First, I'm trying to prove to myself that I'm a person. Then maybe I'll convince myself that I'm an actress.

Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.

I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one.

I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful.

I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy.

I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.

I've never dropped anyone I believed in.

If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere.

If I'm a star, then the people made me a star.

It's all make believe, isn't it?

It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone - so far.

No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't.

There was my name up in lights. I said, 'God, somebody's made a mistake.' But there it was, in lights. And I sat there and said, 'Remember, you're not a star.' Yet there it was up in lights.

What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course.






''I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.''

Marilyn I can most certainly say you achieved everything- you will continued to be loved for your self and your talent but ultimately you will never be forgotten

Song of the post: well what else?

and this one too- its so sad :(



-------------------------

Geek xx

Not already followingFollow this link to BLOGLOVIN': http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2307725/chicgeek

Please please please like my FACEBOOK page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chic-Geek-Blogger/173814082692954

MY IOU TRUNK SHOW:

http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

TWITTER :

@ChicGeekFashion

*Don't forget to vote in the polls!!


:

5 comments:

  1. she is so lovely! congrats on your followers :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. marilyyyyn!love love love
    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com
    new post here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Marilyn! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your lovely comments they make me smile :)

If you have any question email me; chicgeek.blogger@gmail.com

{Any hate or innapropriate language will be deleted}

Geek xx :)