Is it him or the clothes?: YEEZY

This isn't a boyfriend advice post, so keep reading fashion fans. 

Kanye West has released his second Yeezy collection and just like the first, it has received a lot of feedback. 


Undoubtably, it is better than the first, its much more clean and fresh looking and hits a lot of upcoming spring trends. But, the question being repeated over and over is, why is it so basic?
From one glance its just plain neutrals, no fascinating silhouettes or creative seam lines. It is just leggings dressed up for fashion week (in one of those contemporary ways).

However, you can not deny that many designers have tried the minimalist, I dont need to be flashy approach at some point, could Kanye eventually be an appreciated designer? Or will his lack of smiles and already established persona hold him back?

After showing an improvement in this collection and more maturity in his public appearances, the possibility certainly can not be ruled out.

One things for sure, Kanye does not let 'haters' stop him from doing his thing.


This almost pink look isnt far off some off some of the items you see in Zara and the jumper could definitely look cute.


For me, some of the looks remind me of a trendy kind of hunger games, which isn't an overall bad thing, they are great futuristic books.

Simple little black dress, he knows his staples (Maybe Kim helped)


Parkas as we all know never go out of style!

Not one of the best looks, people have in fact compared his clothes to a zombie attire seen in the 'Walking Dead'


I wish I looked like her :(



One thing I want to know is, is it Kanye's reputation thats holding back his fashion career or his collection? If it were to be another person representing his designs would they be more appealing to a wider audience?

What do you think?

---

Jess xx 

In some happy news: 
80-Year-Old Man Builds A Dog Train To Take Rescued Stray Dogs On Adventures
“I started out with my tractor… I’d put 4-5 dogs in there and take them riding. All of a sudden, a couple more dogs showed up. I said, ‘Oh, that’s not enough room’ – and that’s when I came up with THAT. I’m a pretty good welder, so I took these plastic barrels with holes cut in them, and put wheels under…” 
 Now, the 80-year-old retiree takes his rescued dogs on a train ride twice a week 

“Whenever they hear me hooking the tractor up to it, man, they get so excited” 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your lovely comments they make me smile :)

If you have any question email me; chicgeek.blogger@gmail.com

{Any hate or innapropriate language will be deleted}

Geek xx :)

 

Total Pageviews

Twitter Updates

Behind the blog

Translate Chic Geek Blogger; Fashion for all!