My first trends forecast

I completed and handed in my second module at university last week, it was a tough project consisting of lots of research and image selection. It was trends forecasting with the requirements of producing a research document containing 10 key drivers of a potential trend for 2017, with an analysis of who the consumer of the trend would be, who influences the trend and who innovated it. As well as a trends book that breaks down you ideas and vision for the future trend with imagery from all product sectors and then deep analysis in to one product sector such as Womenswear. 

Identifying the zeitgeist of any time is hard, especially when there is so many things happening globally and everyone's mind set is different, so identifying a potential macro trend was a challenge. I decided to go with clean living through sustainability which is something I'm already interested in and have read a lot about.

My key drivers included articles on climate change and terrorism, model protestors and artists. My trend book was full of fresh clean cut imagery and was printed and bound for hand in (which is a proud moment)

I thought I would share with you some of my favourite images from my project as I really think a trend is beginning to emerge.

The idea is clean cut, versatile, neutral, functional items of clothing that can be worn in any season, that will reduce the impact of fast fashion and the waste and pollution caused by cheap fabrics and micro trends. 























What do you think? 

----

Jess xx

I'm off to New York this week so if theres any places you recommend for shopping, sight seeing or eating, please let me know in the comments :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your lovely comments they make me smile :)

If you have any question email me; chicgeek.blogger@gmail.com

{Any hate or innapropriate language will be deleted}

Geek xx :)

 

Total Pageviews

Twitter Updates

Behind the blog

Translate Chic Geek Blogger; Fashion for all!